Thursday, October 30, 2008

Um.

One of the best parts of my job is that I get to laugh at kids. It makes up for a lot of the stuff that is really sad.

Today a young man showed up in full Halloween regalia. Face painted...hair spray-colored...the whole 9-yards.

Except it was October 30th.

Not Halloween.

Several of my students had asked if they had to come to school on Halloween...as though it was some sort of National Holiday. Um. No.

The young man in question happened to be "sick" yesterday and missed the memo that the Halloween celebration was to be held on Friday.

When his classmate's questioned him about his choice to paint his face a day early, he shared that "I did it today because I won't have time tomorrow."

When asked why he wouldn't have time tomorrow he replied "It'll be Halloween".

Ultimately, he chose to wash his face paint.

But he'd also brought treats for his classmates. Teddy Grahams.

What a sweet boy.

No comments: