Monday, March 10, 2008

Jobs I have had....

Ice Cream Lady at the Dairy Ripple in my home town (to this day, ice cream makes me a little nauseous...blech)

Telemarketer, Amoco Oil Company (it's just a free 30 day trial!)

Assistant in the Circuit Clerks Office (I looked up all my parents friends to see what they'd gotten tickets for)

Newsletter writer for our local hospital

Clerk at Singer Mental Health and Developmental Center (we had a client who would escape on a bicycle at least once a week...in his underwear)

File Clerk in the Student Financial Aid Office at NIU (all that paperwork you filled out? I filed it.)

Assistant to the head of the Adapted Physical Education Department at NIU (those little cards you filled out asking for more information? I sent out the information)

Cleaning Lady, Z-Troops, DeKalb, IL (see previous post on cleaning...not a good fit)

Hearing Aid Consultant for a mail order hearing aid company (like in the back of the Enquirer - what do you think hard of hearing old people sound like on the phone??)

Office Manager, Nutri System, DeKalb, IL (all 125# of me...that went well)

Itinerant Teacher of the Hearing Impaired (SW Suburbs of Chicago)

Bid Clerk in the Purchasing Department at NIU

Hostess, Pizza Villa (where I met my main squeeze)

Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, self contained (Rock Falls, IL)

Camera and Liquor Clerk, Walgreens, Sterling, IL (I loved carding the high school kids who'd come in on the weekends)

Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, NE Wisconsin

Teacher of the Homebound, Oshkosh, WI

Coordinator, At Risk Youth Tutoring Program, Oshkosh, WI

Secretary, Bad Kids School, IL

Special Education Resource Teacher, , Bad Kids School, IL

So far, I'm loving my work at the bad kids school best of all. I love my delinquents, ruffians, hoodlums. They're the most accepting and forgiving bunch of kids. Totally opposite of what you'd think. They take me every day just as I am and only ask that I do the same of them. They just want compassion and understanding; they ask very little in return. That's not to say they aren't taxing and demanding...I'm a lucky lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, professional, not professional, pro, amateur. When you flip a job, you really go to the edge!

Jennifer said...

Wow, you've had a lot of experience. So cool. Which would you say was the worst job? I go back and forth on that question, but I must say I HATED telemarketing. It's not in my nature to be pushy.