Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh Hell Yeah!

I head back to work tomorrow. It's been a very nice, long winter break; I'm ready to head back. Honestly? I'm just ready to get away from my family! Love 'em dearly, they drive me nuts, time to go back to school.

**********

I don't know for sure, but I think a eased a little bit of my homesickness last Friday! I met some of my new friends at a downtown Peoria beverage establishment. Let's see...there's my new Mom, a new sistah, a BFF, a dude with melty hair and a Genius.

I WISH I had pictures to prove I was there. I think it's a good thing there aren't. I haven't laughed so hard in ages! My cheeks hurt! There's so much I learned about my new hometown!

I learned that it's Confederate Flags and Pickup Trucks that make Tazewell county what it is.

Don't ask how I know this, but I know that there is a person in Peoria who claims to be addicted to...um...fellatio? (No, it's one of the members of our little group. And I don't have her number).

I've learned that the Chinese word for cabinet (or storage??) sounds like whore. Which does not lend itself well to naming a new line of cabinetry.

I was shocked, shocked I say, to hear that there are people there who are afraid to admit a fondness for Dennis DeYoung. In 2008,no less!

Oh! And beware of bar patrons who bring their own beer coozies. It won't end well.

And finally, yes, Virginia, there are magic pitchers of beer that fill themselves when you aren't looking.

But the coolest thing I learned is that if you're not careful, you just might find yourself having fun.

Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so behind on reading my blogs...I love this post!!
P-town has it's charms. My personal favorite is the people watching.
I am so glad you came out with us. I am just sorry that I had to leave early. I would have loved to have stuck around because that is a really fun group of people and I thoroughly enjoy their company!