Wednesday, November 14, 2007

oh no

#2 is in the midst of a love hate relationship.

He came home a few weeks with his first love note. Something along the lines of "Dear Nat, you're a weirdo. One day a martian came to earth and kidnapped you...." and more.

Friday:

"Mom, Larissa put this in my mailbox today."
"What is it?"
"Her phone number"

Yesterday:
Phone rings..... "can i talk to nat"
Nat: "Hello? Huh? Yeah. No. No. No"....click.
Me : "Did you just hang up on her?"
Him: "yeah"
Me: "you call her back and tell her you're sorry"
Him "Why?"

***conversation about how we will treat others who call even when we don't expect or want their calls ensues....as does a phone call back with an "I'm sorry I hung up on you. I can't really talk right now. I have to practice my math flashcards."

We have an additional conversation about how in the 4th grade we don't have girlfriends. Friend who are girls = fine.

Today.

"Mom. Someone gave me something"
"Oh, who?"
"Larissa"
"What is it?"
"A mood necklace."
"Oh, how do you feel about that?"
"The necklace is black. I think it means I don't care."

Later in the day.

"Mom? You know how we can't ever be sure if an animal is happy or sad?"
"Yes."
"Animals should have mood collars."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boys, you gotta love them. They seem clueless as to how their response (or, lack of) will affect the girls.